1. Do you take insurance?
Payment in full is collected at time of service and acceptable forms of payment include: checks, credit cards and cash. You will be given a Superbill to submit to your insurance for reimbursement.
2. What are the fees for services?
Please contact the office for a list of fees.
3. Do I need pre-authorization prior to treatment?
If you will be seeking reimbursement from your insurance, your insurance
representative can instruct you regarding the preauthorization process for an out of network provider.
4. Do I also need a referral from my doctor?
It is highly recommended to get a referral from your Primary Care Provider (PCP) even if your referral to the office is initially from the Orthodontist. Occasionally, it is necessary to get a referral (i.e. prescription) from your or your child’s PCP. Please check with your insurance representative as this can affect your ability to get reimbursed.
5. Do I file my receipt under dental or medical insurance?
Medical—even if you were referred by your Dentist or Orthodontist.
6. How much will my insurance cover for an out-of–network provider?
Please call your insurance as this varies with each insurance plan.
7. What documentation do I need from the provider to get reimbursed from my insurance?
You will receive a receipt after with all the necessary documentation to submit to your insurance. Your insurance may require an additional form to be attached to the one provided by the clinic.